Our History

The Egyptian Marine Supply & Contracting Co.

The company is headquartered at **2 Al-Horreya Road, Alexandria**, and was established in **1962** pursuant to **Presidential Decree No. 1422 of 1962**. In **1991**, pursuant to **Law No. 203 of 1991**, the company was transformed into a **Public Business Sector Company** affiliated with the **Holding Company for Maritime and Land Transport**. As part of the implementation of the Egyptian Government's privatization program, the **Employees Shareholders Association of the Egyptian Company for Supplies and Marine Works** was established pursuant to **Resolution No. 122 of 1994** issued by the **Chairman of the Capital Market Authority**. At the Extraordinary General Assembly meeting of the Holding Company for Maritime and Land Transport held on **31 December 1997**, approval was granted for the sale of **50.3% of the shares** of the Egyptian Company for Supplies and Marine Works, which were owned by the Holding Company, to the **Employees Shareholders Association of the Egyptian Company for Supplies and Marine Works**. As a result of the sale of this percentage of the company's shares owned by the Holding Company, the Holding Company's ownership stake in the Egyptian Company for Supplies and Marine Works fell below **51%**. Consequently, the company ceased to be subject to the provisions of **Public Business Sector Companies Law No. 203 of 1991** and became subject to the provisions of **Joint Stock Companies Law No. 159 of 1981**. Accordingly, the **Extraordinary General Assembly of the Company**, convened on **5 November 1998**, adopted a resolution to transform the company's legal status from being governed by **Law No. 203 of 1991** to being governed by **Law No. 159 of 1981**. In **2025**, the employees' shareholding in the company was transferred to the shareholding of the **Holding Company for Maritime and Land Transport**. The company's **declared share capital** is currently **EGP 34,193,335** (**Thirty-Four Million, One Hundred Ninety-Three Thousand, Three Hundred Thirty-Five Egyptian Pounds**).